Space 1999 is a science-fiction television show that ran for two series from 1975 to 1977. In the opening episode, set in the year 1999, nuclear waste stored on the Moon's far side explodes, knocking the Moon out of orbit and sending it, as well as the 311 inhabitants of Moonbase Alpha, hurtling uncontrollably into space.
Created by Gerry Anderson of Thunderbird's (any many other) tv show, Space 1999 featured amazing models and production techniques that help bring the future into your living room.
- Captain Alan Carter in definitive moonbase alpha spacesuit
- Detachable helmet
- Highly detailed likeness
- Full articulation for maximum pose-abilty
- Stun gun and comlock accessories
- Character display stand with space: 1999 logo and photographic “eagle cockpit” backdrop display
- In-scale moonbase alpha moonbuggy with seating for action figure
- Authentic and accurate details based on the full size “amphicat” vehical
- In-scale alpha storage container
- Photographic “lunar surface and moonbase alpha” display backdrop
- Limited edition 2000 only worldwide
- Boxed size 18" x 11" x 5"