Space 1999 is a science-fiction television show that ran for two series from 1975 to 1977. In the opening episode, set in the year 1999, nuclear waste stored on the Moon's far side explodes, knocking the Moon out of orbit and sending it, as well as the 311 inhabitants of Moonbase Alpha, hurtling uncontrollably into space.
Created by Gerry Anderson of Thunderbirds (any many other) tv show, Space 1999 featured amazing models and production techniques that help bring the future into your living room.
- Eagle transporter with new tooling to feature detachable “beak” complete with side booster rockets as seen in this classic episode
- Hand turned aluminium engine bells
- Eagle launch pad display base
- Moonbase alpha moonbuggy
- In-scale ultra probe command module with four hinged and pose-able “locking arms”
- In-flight display stand
- Each edition individually and sequentially numbered
- Limited edition 1500 only worldwide
- From episode Dragon's Domain
- Eagle dimensions 12" Long 4.85" Wide
- Probe dimensions 6" Long 3" Wide
- Collectors box dimensions 15" x 15" x 5"